I've got a 6 -7 yr old pc running Pentium 4 , 1.6 GHz and just recently upgraded from 256 to 1G of RAM (maxed out). Anything would be a major improvement for me .
If given the choice which would be best? 3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or 2.66GHz Intel Core i5? Let me hear some opinions and explanations.
[LEFT][IMG]http://www.dsslexius.net/forums/images/smilies/goneinsanegif.gif[/IMG][/LEFT]
I've got a 6 -7 yr old pc running Pentium 4 , 1.6 GHz and just recently upgraded from 256 to 1G of RAM (maxed out). Anything would be a major improvement for me .
Life is a grindstone . Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up , depends on what we are made of .
My current pc is about the same age with a pentium 4 2.2 GHz and 1G of RAM. So it'll be an improvement for me, too.
[LEFT][IMG]http://www.dsslexius.net/forums/images/smilies/goneinsanegif.gif[/IMG][/LEFT]
The Intel Core i5 (quad) is the best of the two you listed there.
I don't know what type of an explanation to give. It's simply faster. You wouldn't notice an absolute gigantic difference in most scenarios unless you get into really heavy CPU-intensive stuff (photoshop, lots of multi-tasking, etc.), but if you're looking for the best of the two, that's it.
I figured the quad was better but was just wondering how much better. Let me ask this then. Of the 2 listed in the OP, if buying a new Imac and choosing between 2 almost identical except the cpu, would the quad be worth $300 more than the dual?
[LEFT][IMG]http://www.dsslexius.net/forums/images/smilies/goneinsanegif.gif[/IMG][/LEFT]
I have a computer-related question.
If I was looking for a relatively cheap laptop, what would be my best options?
EDIT--
I say cheap, but I mean less expensive.
I dont want a junk CPU, a piece of junk that isnt any better than my old Compaq.
I want a good computer, capable of running PS, burning DVD's, and lots of memory.
I dont play console-type CPU games, but I do enjoy lower level online games. I cant even run simple games on my computer, I just want something that is capable of sustaining my use, which is high.
Dell usually has some decent deals. They're the only ones I've dealt with for 5+ years now. But I've been looking for at least 2 years at getting an Imac. Something always gets in the way, though. Hopefully not this time.
[LEFT][IMG]http://www.dsslexius.net/forums/images/smilies/goneinsanegif.gif[/IMG][/LEFT]
Bookmarks